Pages

11 August 2009

Step by Step Recipe - Cherry Pie

I have so many recipes like this with step by step photos. I made them, because one day I like to make a cook book of my recipes, what I have been collected and made over the years. And one day hopefully will help my children to learn to cook.
I learned this recipe from my brother's wife. Thank you Angie :)
The whole recipe concept is to use the soured cream pot for measuring out the rest of the ingredients.
You will need: -1 pot of soured cream, -2 pot of flour, -1 pot of sugar, -1/2 pot of olive oil (you can use sunflower oil too), -1 sachet of Vanilla Sugar, -1 sachet of Baking Powder, -3 whole eggs, -pinch of salt, -pitted cherry (or you can use peach, plum), -baking paper.
First turn the oven on to 180 Celsius. Put the 1 pot of soured cream in a bowl...

...measure 2 pot of flour and pour it on the soured cream...

...and add 1 pot of sugar to them...

...now 1/2 pot of olive oil (might sound a lot, but it will be not greasy at all)...

...add 1 sachet of Vanilla Sugar...

...and 1 sachet of Baking Powder...

...and last add 3 whole eggs. Mix it all together with a whisk.

I defrosted my hand pitted cherry from the freezer, what my husband and children picked from the cherry tree earlier this year.

Pour the mixture on to the baking try covered with baking paper...

...and level it out with a spoon...

...put the cherry on it and...

...sprinkle some sugar on them. That makes it nice and crispy top when baked.

Put it in the oven and bake it for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.

Let it cool down and slice it up and enjoy :)
PS.: If you can't buy Vanilla Sugar and Baking Powder in sachet in your country. I can send you 5 sachet of Vanilla Sugar and 5 sachet of Baking Powder for $8.00, this price is including the shipping with Registered Priority Mail to Worldwide. Just contact me and I send you my PayPal address.

5 comments:

ira said...

looking yummy MG!:)

Erika Price said...

Oh this looks SOOOOO scrumptious! Can't wait to try the recipe for myself - thank you!

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Oh, that looks so good. Will have to sort this out in to cups.

l'actrice said...

It looks like the one my mother always made in summer time! Yummy:-)

Waterrose said...

That is a very interesting Cherry pie. Do all of the "cups" come pre packaged?