Pages

10 January 2010

My 1st ever Cannelloni

Here is, as I promised. The recipe of my 1st cannelloni pasta. When I am out grocery shopping and I see a cannelloni pasta, I was always wondering how is it like. I love spaghetti, lasagna and most Italian food... So yesterday I thought I should try to make some...with my own lasagna recipe.
I took step by step photos how I made it, as I want to make a cookbook one day for my son and daughter.

First I put some olive oil in a wok and chopped up one big onion.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...when the onion start cooking /not burning :) / I put 4-5 segments of crushed garlic on it and stir them together for 5-10 seconds...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...I stir 500 grams of beef mince...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...and I added one beef Oxo cube when the mince is brown...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...I added 1 tin of peeled plum tomatoes, 2-3 soup spoon of tomato pure, some ground black pepper, salt and chopped parsley...and half a cup of water
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...I left the mince sauce cooking, meanwhile I started making a white sauce. I put a bit of butter in the saucepan to melt on low temperature ...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
...then I added 3-4 soup spoon of flour to the melted butter and was stir it a little bit...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...then I added half a liter of milk, and I stir it until the sauce thickens and boil...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
....now both of the sauce is cooked...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
...I was using a tea spoon for fill the cannelloni pasta tubes. I was put the pasta on the plate and after I have filled it up with the mince sauce, I gently put the spoon underneath the bottom of the pasta and lifted it up and I have put it in the buttered oven proof dish...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...it took some time to fill all the pasta up...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...I covered the pasta with the white sauce and put it in the oven for 30-40 minutes. In the last 10 minutes I took the dish out to put some grated Cheddar cheese on the top to melt...and I put it back for the last 10 minutes to cook...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...this is how it is looked like when it's cooked...
--------------------------------------------------------------------
It took me 2 hours to make it, but it was worth it, as it's tasted so nice. I will definitely cook some more :)

If you try to make it, please let me know how is your one turned out.

3 comments:

Sleepy Moon Design said...

YUM!

Waterrose said...

Looks great. I make a mixture of a cheese to put in the cannelloni and then a meat cheese sauce overtop....delicious!

Kreativlink said...

Oh yumm yumm!!! Looks so nom nom!! I made them once, but the filling part drove the impatien me crazy :)